Search Complete List of Job Opportunities
Job Title: Technical/Market Writer
Job Category: Marketing and Product Documentation
Division: Software and Technology Services
Class: Full-time, Permanent
UDA Technologies is seeking individuals for Technical and Market Writing positions in the Auburn office. This unique opportunity allows writers to collaborate with presales engineering, marketing, and software development professionals on a variety of interesting projects for a growing software company. Selected individuals will create marketing materials and technical documentation for a suite of integrated project management software applications.
Ideal candidates will have a Bachelor's or Master's in an appropriate field, have strong writing skills and an interest in user-centered, customer-focused writing, plus have an interest in software and computer technology. Both part-time and full-time positions are available. Positions are competitive and candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Applications for entry-level full-time positions are accepted as early as one year before graduation.
Benefits include excellent salary, 401K, profit-sharing, BlueCross BlueShield health and dental coverage, vacation, holidays and sick leave, discounted health club membership, opportunities for career advancement, and friendly office environment.
- Pursue, manage, and complete a variety of different projects based on skill set and interest
- Determine and implement creative solutions designed to best reach identified markets
- Participate in planning and implementing marketing campaigns for new software releases
- Write copy for print and online advertising, promotional materials, and product packaging
- Analyze market and organize, write, and update copy for company web site
- Write user-centered software documentation, including user guides, tutorials, and online help
- Design and implement advanced web-based help systems
- Interview and consult software engineers throughout the entire development cycle to ensure accuracy in documentation
- Write clear, instructional text for user interface components
- Assist in developing and refining the "company voice" to best appeal to audience
- Develop and follow style guides and maintain consistency
- Project management - plan projects, maintain schedules, and meet deadlines
- Analyze audience through sales and technical support calls and continually use audience analysis to improve documentation and marketing materials
- Maintain a customer focus and suggest new product features, marketing strategies, and other solutions
- Participate in analyzing and planning new opportunities and markets for software
- Bachelor's or Master's in Technical Communication, English, Journalism, Communications, or related field
- Strong writing skills for a variety of project types (writing samples/portfolio required)
- Strong editorial skills
- Strong project management skills
- Must have experience using Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must be self-motivated, willing to learn and adapt to new situations, and focused on customer needs
- Experience with desktop publishing software, HTML/web publishing software, RoboHelp, RoboDemo, and Pocket PCs a plus
- Knowledge of the Chicago Manual of Style and Microsoft Manual of Style a plus
- Experience with publishers/printers a plus
Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About UDA Technologies
UDA Technologies is a leading provider of software applications and services for construction professionals in the United States, Canada, and over 60 countries across the globe. Designed for small- to medium-sized businesses, UDA ConstructionOffice project management and construction estimating software manages over 32 billion dollars of construction annually. UDA Technologies was one of the first companies to capitalize on e-commerce opportunities for vertical markets and has sustained annual revenue growth of at least 45%. Identified as a key partner in construction software technology, UDA Technologies is a certified Microsoft Developer and a Premier Intuit QuickBooks developer.
|UDA Human Resources Contact Information
UDA Human Resources
UDA Technologies, Inc.
2272 Moores Mill Road, Suite 201
Auburn, Alabama 36830